Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Path

THE PATH
written by Cori Herbert for the students of Freedom Christian Schools
A play developed from Psalm 139 that will be performed on May 6, 2010.
(Each line will be performed by a different student. Students will be standing all around the seating of the auditorium and on the stage. )


You know who I am. You know everything about me. You know the very secrets of my heart.

My action does not surprise you. Whether I jump, turn, sway or fall. You see me and knew my path before I chose.

Distance is nothing to you. For even though we are far apart.

You are near. So close that I can feel your very hand in my hand.

Whether I am away from my home or resting in my warm bed. You are there.

I can not run from you. I can not decide where to go with out you knowing where I will be.

You allow me to follow you into the ends of the Earth, into the deepest parts of your heart.

You follow me and protect me. Keeping watch of my back so no one will hurt me.

I feel like a child skipping into his mother's arms. Receiving a gently hug and a pat on the head. So proud you are of me.

The blessings and encouragement that you speak over my life overwhelm me. How do you see so much good in me.

I can't escape from your love. From the tallest mountain to the deepest valley you will find me.

I could be flying high on extreme emotions or living out my life in a desolate island and you would be there with me. Never alone.

I will never be alone. I will be guided by you and strengthened by you.

Even when I am seeking to hide from you, the darkness splinters and you see me as if I were a beacon of light on a dark night.

Like the only star in a moonless sky. You will see me.

Like you saw me in my mother's womb. Not even the Doctor's could predict how I would look or think.

You know how every part of my body works and how each cell was formed together to create

me. Thank you for making me. For choosing to create me.

You have so many thoughts about me. That amazes me. That you think about

me. When I lay down you are there and in the morning you are with me when I wake up to start my day.

Search every part of my thoughts and life. Rip out anything that causes you offense.

Show me the path.

Show me the path

Show me the path.

That leads to everlasting Life

That leads to you.



copyright 2010 Cori Herbert

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like it is going to be really powerful! Ps. 139 may just have to be my 7min... or more today!

    ReplyDelete