Monday, June 15, 2009

Is my offering acceptable?

It is the second night now of my journey and I couldn't wait to see what God has for me. It is more exciting then when I was little and got captivated by the Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingles Wilder. I think I finished the whole set in two days. I want to know what God has for me. I want to know Him and experience what He has for me.

I was very conscience today of my eating. Overall I feel like a new person. Praise God for his faithfulness. I have 1 day down and my next is about to dawn. It is now 5 am and once again all that is happening in my home is the dryer and the fish tank with a chorus of birds beginning outside.

I imagine that what I am feeling inside is something like that of a soldier sent off to battle. Anxiety about the day ahead, fear of what may come, restlessness about the battle and excitement to put all that you have worked and trained into motion. (I admire greatly the discipline and calling of our men and women in all branches of the military and ask God now to protect them and be with them.) I know that my anxiety of possible failure can be replaced by God's everlasting grace and peace, that the fear will disappear when I know more about who God is and feel confident in His word. The restlessness in my spirit is there so that I can stay focused on Him and hold on to him with every last breath,

Malachi 3 verses 6-12

I feel like God is leading me to this scripture tonight. The holy spirit is urging me to make sure that our tithe is current and that we exhibit good stewardship with our finances. Scripture states that you tithe so that no curse will come on my house. I also know that Jesus' blood covered the old testiment laws. But they were still there to bring blessings on God's people and if God is the same yesturday today and forever His blessings would be the same too. It's more than just the financial however, it is about trust. This past year has been so difficult financially for our household. We had a budget that was based on a two salary income. How devastating when we realized that my income would not happen. God is faithful and because of who He is we have been able to survive up to this point. My famiy has helped us out considerably be differing our rent for a time. But in all of this God has shown himself strong to us. So do I trust Him? Do I believe He loves me enough to care about my every need? I know that my earthly father does. How much more does God care?

I repent God of withholding tithes and offerings and not making them my first financial priority. I repent of not putting all my trust in you. I will gladly give out of a place of Praise to you because this is what you ask of me. I will trust you with all my finances and with my very physical self. I become a temple and my heart an alter to you my king. Send me oportunities to prove my trust to you God. Give me more of you that my inner soul becomes flooded with your love and mercy. I turn to you God and run, sprint to your throne room and ask boldly, "Will you do a work in me God? Make me more like you God. Speak to me and I will listen......."

1 comment:

  1. STEWARD: a person who manages another's property or financial affairs; one who administers anything as the agent of another or others.

    My body is not my own... My finance are not mine to squander... I am His, and He is mine... All I have comes from Him, and He is my everything...

    When we see ourselves as managers and not owners of our body; becoming faithful stewards seems to be a reasonable request from our Daddy God. He has entrusted us with talents and wit, provided us with the essentials to live; He has blessed us with family and friend, anointed us to speak words of wisdom; He directs us to paths of righteousness, and protects us from evil dowers.

    We are spoken for... He has planted a seed of desire in each of us, the desire to know and serve Him.

    He has invested into each of us out of love, not condition.. being good stewards of His property, should
    come without asking…

    Lord thank you for your patience! Like my sister, I long to know you more… Thank you for blessing me, and loving me through my journey.

    ReplyDelete